Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

To Be or Not to Be - a Doodle



Not journal pages, but 5 x 7 doodles. I once was told by a fellow artist that when I called my art "doodles" that it cheapened them. I have struggled since with what to call these little 5 x 7 pieces of art, because to me they are just that - "doodles". They are done with total ease and abandon and I am simply playing on paper - doodling if you will. I do these at work during a break, a phone call, or maybe at lunch in the car at the park. Cheap or not, art or not - they are simply my doodles. And they make my heart sing!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Winna Jill said...

Making your heart sing sounds like such a wonderful accomplishment--so I hope you never stop !

Sharon P Pope said...

Doodling makes my heart sing too, and yours are great! :)

Timaree said...

Call them Heart Songs! Just say when someone asks what you are doing (while making them) that your heart is singing and you are putting the song on the paper. If they say that is doodling then say "yep that's another name for them". Believe me there are doodles (like mine) that do NOT turn into Heart Songs. YOurs are special so I agree with that person and you should rate yours a bit higher by renaming them. Besides, like Zentangles (another type of doodle), Heart Songs might just take off! Just think if you could invent a format for the not-so-creative person to be able to make one of your "songs" for themselves. They pay a lot for zentangle kits and classes of all sorts! I know, I am taking loads of classes and still coveting that zentangle kit.

rrARTz said...

your drawings are so pretty!

Unknown said...

Oh, ditto Freebird! "Heart Songs", love the sound of that! These are definitely special!

craftieodmae said...

absolutely a piece of art!!! Fantastic!

Alex said...

I like the colors! =) And of course, the happiness they project while not forgetting the important messages they deliver.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and creative!!

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of calling them Heart Songs! The one about Ps 46 really made my heart sing today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...