Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

A New Little Illustration



I am excited about a pending trip to the beach. I've been perusing Cathy Johnson's CD "Drawn from Life - An Artist's Journal" - it was published in 2006 and contains so many of her sketches. I have packed a small kit for my watercolors and sketching pleasure while at the beach, and I hope to come back with a journal to share! We leave this coming Saturday.  (I'm already packed, I'm so excited!)

 I did this little illustration this morning. I used Pigma Micron and Prismacolor Markers and colored pencils to color it. I love it! I think it might need a blue watercolor background - or cobalt violet.  What do you think?
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful little drawing Deborah! Enjoy your beach adventure! I have begun carting around my mini gouache palette and Niji waterbrush with me, and am hoping to get some 'travel around' drawings done. Enjoy! Hopefully the weather will be great!

Anonymous said...

that sounds like fun!

great sketch! thanks for sharing!

ciao bella!!!!!!
creative carmelina

Alex said...

I love it! Blue background would definitely bring out the details more. I'd say go for it! ^^

nanke's stuff said...

Oh, I love it, too. I love the bright colors and the bold, direct approach. Well done! nancy

Rebecca Anthony said...

Have a wonderful time at the beach, I just came back after spending a week under my umbrella sketching in my journal. There is simply nothing more relaxing! Enjoy!

craftieodmae said...

I think it's gorgeous as is, but that's your thing, but a plae blue might look nice.

Creatively Lisa said...

I love that illustration. The shade of green you chose for the vase and pitcher would match my kitchen perfectly once I paint it.....I've had the color picked out for two years now.

Timaree said...

Nice sketch. Hope you have the best time on your vacation. I opt for the cobalt violet as you already have the blue book.

Angie Willis said...

I love the sketch just the way it is. It's fun and made me smile :-)
PC

Anonymous said...

I agree with those who say this is lovely just as it is - such a happy looking sketch!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...