Pages

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

June 3 and 7 Journal Pages



It's been an interesting couple of weeks. Illness and busyness has kept me from my blog. I have been working on painting glass and porcelain pieces - cups, saucers, glasses - to use as centerpieces for the annual employee picnic which is scheduled to happen tomorrow. I don't have pictures yet unfortunately, because my camera was accidentally left in someone's car weekend before last. I'm beginning to feel rather lost without it, but I'm sure it will be returned soon. I had to scan these journal pages, which I don't think works as well as taking a photo.

I was in AC Moore recently and met a lady, Beth, who had just been to the doctor for a bone marrow test - facing the possibility of leukemia or, if not, something going on with her brain - she didn't specify what that possibility was. She was talking on the phone to her husband and, as she was in the same aisle as I was, I couldn't help but overhear. I turned to her after she hung up the phone and said, "Sounds like you're having a rough day." Obviously an understatement. I asked if I could give her a hug and I did. I asked her name so that I could pray for her. I have had her on my mind every day since and I am praying. She has a supportive husband and small children, and a sister who is a phlebotomist and is very supportive - these she mentioned, I am sure there are others who support her as well. I'm thankful for families and that God puts the right people in our paths when we need them. And I continue to pray for "Beth" and wonder how she's doing.



Saturday, June 12, I will be at a local festival displaying and hopefully selling my painted porcelain and glass pieces. Cheap Joe's (http://www.cheapjoes.com) just sent me a $1 shipping coupon, and I'd love to be trying out those American Journey watercolor sticks this time next week :-) I also need a new Aquabee. I like the Handbook journal a lot, but there is nothing like an Aquabee Super Deluxe Sketchbook. We have a beach trip planned in a couple of weeks, and well, one can never have enough art supplies; right? tee hee...

My daughter has a friend who is going with her to the beach this year, and I'm so excited. They're old enough to give a small amount of freedom, and with her being an only child I've always had to entertain her, but this year - mama can paint and read to her heart's content!!! Yippee!!!

I'm resting up for a long day tomorrow - hope to have pictures soon of my glass pieces - you can see them in action as centerpieces at tomorrow's big event. Good Tuesday night all!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

JaneT said...

Love your sunflower pages. They are wonderful!!!

Ann said...

I think the scans look just fine. And I love that sunflower page! I also look forward to seeing your painted glass pieces. You have such a generous soul too, journaling about Beth and sending out notice for more positive energy to reach her through your blog post about your encounter with her. I hope you have a wonderful time at the beach, especially with new art supplies to play with :-)

Carin Winkelman said...

And I just love the other spread (not that I hate the sunflowers!). Very colorful and playful!

craftieodmae said...

what a story, I will say a prayer for Beth too even though I don't know her. Your art is breath taking!!! Chill about the picnic, they are always fantastic! Let's just hope and pray for sunny skies!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, cheerful, uplifting pages!! What a tender, kind heart you have to care for a stranger so deeply. I shot an arrow prayer up for Beth and will remember her in my prayers tonight.

Unknown said...

Your spirit is as beautiful as your artwork!

Timaree said...

I think the scans look fine too. I scan anything that will lay flat enough and take photos of the rest. Your pages are great as always. Do you ever make a bad one?

I think you have just multiplied the prayers that Beth was getting! I gave a spontaneous hug like that one day too. I was at the Vet's with my dog and a lady had just put down the dog that had saved her life twice from rattlers (he had cancer - didn't die of the two rattlesnake bites). I don't normally do such a thing as hug a stranger but she seemed alone and in need.

Good luck selling your mugs and other items. I have one of those sketchbooks but only use it for pencil drawings. Do you paint in yours too? Don't inks and paints bleed through to the other side of the page?

Maybe instead of entertaining your daughter, she and her friend can supply you with drawing models this year! Have a good time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...