Pages

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Random journal pages and Review of American Journey Watercolor Sticks

First Journal Pages of the New Year:


On the pages above I used Caran d'Ache Neocolor II watercolor crayons - beautiful, saturated color! Soft buttery crayons. Love them!  Also the teapot was drawn with a Sharpie Liquid Graphite pencil I bought yesterday!  Not bad - it writes similar to a pen, very smoothly - but it erases.  I still like the old-fashioned scratchy feel of a wood-encased pencil though.







Trying out more new toys.
Disappointed in AJ watercolor sticks.
I'm exchanging them for the Schmincke Horadam 12 pan watercolor set that is now on sale at cheapjoes.com under clearance and overstock for $50.40!!!  This is high-quality, expensive watercolor and so this sale is incredible!  I am mailing my watercolor sticks back today.  As you can see, the colors are very light and you can't get a good saturation.

Posted by Picasa


6 comments:

A tired retired recluse @ Swallowcliffs.blogspot.com/ said...

I appreciate the information in this post! I had no idea sharpie made a liquid pencil. I live in the boonies so shopping is limited if not null.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the heads up about the paint sticks........I was tempted to try them. When I do buy, I guess it will be Daniel Smith.

Unknown said...

I love my schmincke paints! Hope you have loads of fun with them! (That is certainly an EXCELLLENT price!)

Sorry about the sticks though! I hate when I'm disappointed in supplies! Lovely journal pages!

Girl Schmuck said...

liquid pencil? wow, I will have to go find that at my Pearls art store. can you find them online? where?

Ok, I gotta ask. Do you love the sound of paper after it dries? the crinkly sound. OHHH I do. I love warped paper. I just love it.

amy in Florida

DALowe Artist said...

Girl Schmuck, Your comment made me giggle. I've never thought about the sound of crinkly paper, but now that you mention it, yes, I do love that sound :-)
Actually I got my Sharpie liquid pencil pencil at Wal-Mart in the office supply section. I was shocked to find it, didn't even know they existed - it's just like a click ballpoint pen that erases. Very cool, and it comes with extra erasers - all for about $3.50!

nanke's stuff said...

Thanks for the product review - I'm tempted to buy the watercolor pan paints you mentioned.... like I need them ... Not! lol nancy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...