Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Without Excuse



I realize today that I have no excuse not to make great art. I am blessed beyond measure with art supplies. With a 4-day holiday weekend I organized art supplies with the intent to get everything within easy reach and also out where I can see it. I also wanted to leave enough room on the table to comfortably work on small pieces or journal pages.



And then as you can see, I made myself a cup of coffee and created a "playing with color" page in my 11 x 14 Aquabee sketchbook. So much fun.

Yesterday, I used my 50% off one regular price item coupon from A. C. Moore and bought a natural daylight hobby lamp for the table, because at night the lamp pictured above just was not working. Now it's so bright I need sunglasses!!!














Today, my Christmas gift from my husband arrived via Cheap Joes Art Supply. I had originally ordered the American Journey Watercolor Sticks, but was disappointed (you read about that here).  Well, when this arrived today and I opened it up, the disappointment fled and delight set in to stay.  Oh my goodness!  I feel very, very wealthy suddenly.  This is an exquisite watercolor set, folks!



Just look at these colors.  It even comes with its own color key so that you can paint in the color swatches.  Yum, that's all I can say... Yum.
I think I may be in love.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Glenda said...

Soooo awesome!! Can I come over & play?

Elza said...

You are indeed 'blessed beyond measure' you lucky thing. I so enjoy seeing others' art materials and hearing about what they use and their special finds.
So now I am looking forward to seeing many works of art from you.

Elena said...

That looks like some place I can have a lot of fun in!!! I am so happy you have such a great creative space!!!

ufoide@gmail.com said...

How did a song sing? It feels like heaven....Yes it's right so :)
I love to see all these art supplies.
There's nothing bettere....what is your preferite technique? I'm a new member of blissfully art journal and i saw your mail in the list.
Have a nice day and thanks because you shared with us your little piece of heaven :)

Frankye said...

What fun! Reorganizing is my passion...now, if I could make doing art my passion. Once I get organized!
I'm glad someone else has adopted the most beautiful watercolor set ever. I got mine last year and keep it right beside my chair. You will make beautiful art with it, and, even though it is a bit heavy, it should be perfect to take along on some of your painting journeys. Enjoy, and let us see your new work!

Anonymous said...

lol .. yes, colour makes me say yum, too. I like the way you've displayed everything - transparant anything is something I have always loved since I was a child.

Sandra said...

Really, think how little it takes to make us happy! Enjoy

Cathy Holtom said...

Now I know what I want for next Christmas. Looks lovely, lucky you!

Anonymous said...

OOOOhhhh, does this look like a fun creative, place to play!! I am envious of your set up and organization. I have stuff in the den, sun room, and basement, plus books in the bedroom upstairs. Oh well, maybe I'll get fit running up and down the stairs!!!!

Alex said...

Definitely a nice 'place' to be! =) And yep I agree with Cathy, it'd be a great Xmas present!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...