Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

View from the Train



I took a photo from a train that my husband and I rode in Cass, WV two summers ago. Today, working from the photo displayed on my digital frame, I did this 4" x 6" painting in colored pencil and watercolor. I've wanted to try working with colored pencils on acid free, lignin free backing board I purchased from Clearbags.com for quite some time. It worked great, even with the touches of watercolor. I used my new Schmincke Watercolor Set, which not only looks to be luxurious in every way, but it truly is.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Alex said...

Very nice perspective =) Such a beautiful scenery, and I totally wish that I could be there

Cathy Holtom said...

Love how you did the trees and the grass!

Sandy in Michigan said...

I love the tree on the far left. The colors are beautifully done, too!

Elza said...

Small perhaps, but stunning. I am beginning to see that you can create anywhere. Going to start carrying some materials with me.

Sketch Gurl said...

Love the colors and the deep blue mountains.

Revelle Taillon said...

Nice! Love it.

Ann said...

This is beautiful. That tree on the left is especially amazing! So graceful and life-like. Love it!

I am happy to have caught up with your recent work here. Visiting your blog always lifts my spirits :-)

Christan Newberger said...

I really love it ! Such pretty scenery.

Christan Newberger said...

I love it too ! Such pretty scenery and wonderful use of color.

Unknown said...

This is lovely! Wonderful combination of color pencils and watercolor! Don't you just love schmincke!!??

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the sunlight on the top of the tree on the left! Great idea to use the digital frame as a display to draw from!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...