Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Playing with colors and textures, a new studio arrangement


New cabinet in the studio corner of my kitchen. This is such a cheering place!



Playing with watercolor stamping and background colors.
I glued a piece (a circle) of corrugated cardboard to a cork (you can see it to the left of my palette. I used this and bubble wrap to stamp. First I laid down a watercolor wash, then stamped into it with the stamp and then stamped the clean sheet of paper at top left. The top right piece is a mixture of cobalt violet and periwinkle and I've just stamped into the wet watercolor wash with bubble wrap. The other peices are playing with color combinations - Quinacridone Rose and Cobalt Blue. Don't reallylike the bottom two pieces. Not bright enough for me! Now the top right piece - that's just gorgeous!


A close up of the stamping



A close up of the cobalt violet/periwinkle mixture. The colors are separated more at the bottom, but at the top of this sheet I actually mixed the colors on my palette. You can see my cork stamp more closely here.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Ann said...

I love your studio Corrner! It, looks like a very good spot to be productive. Nice and sunny Too! And I see lots of wonderful possibilities in those gorgeous stamped Papers!

Barbara B said...

Isn't it wonderful to have a sunny, cozy, organized place to work?

Alex said...

I love your studio, and if I am lucky enough to have one in the future, it'd be something like that ^^

Girl Schmuck said...

See and I love the bottom two pieces the best. I have the room and the studio, but have little people that keep getting into it. Its always a work of construction to keep producing the works of art.

Amy in Florida

debra morris said...

Great studio......love the textures your're creating. Happy New Year

Odd Chick said...

wow! I love, love, love your studio.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...