Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

That Red Cup Again



I know you all may be tired of seeing sketches of this cup, but it is my favorite thing to drink from and to draw :-)
More ws graphite with watercolor above and with colored pencil below.
These sketches are in my new hand-book journal. AND I ordered 2 more from Dick Blick because I could get 3 for the price of 2. Check it out at http://www.dickblick.com/products/hand-book-artist-journal-value-packs/ ! Now, I've got a lot of work to do to fill FOUR (4) of these! I love the paper and how sturdy it is. It holds up to watercolor washes, pens, markers - even to lots of reworking.

I glued the tea bag envelope in and it makes a little pocket.
Now, go have a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Timaree said...

Now you are making ME want something new (the handbook journal)! I have them on my wishlist at DickBlick but haven't bought them yet. I'm sure they'll nag at me until I do. Your cup drawings are great and no, I am not tired of seeing them.

Alex said...

I don't think I'll ever get tired seeing you drawing your favorite cup :) to me every drawing every sketch is different and they radiate with different kinds of aura and moods... that to me is very interesting ^^

nanke's stuff said...

Nice post! The addition of the teabag holder is fun. Thanks for the info about the Dick Blick sale. If I didn't already have several unfilled journals, I'd probably buy a couple! nancy

Ann said...

I agree with Alex, each drawing has its own energy, and yours are no exception. Wonderful pages!

I have looked and looked and must know, where did you get the cretacolor water soluble graphite pencils from?

Unknown said...

Have to agree with Nancy, if I didn't already have SO many unused sketch journals, I'd be off to the sale!

Your sketches are wonderful. And every time you sketch your cup, you probably learn something new. I'm not bored of seeing them, that is for sure!

Revelle Taillon said...

great post! My problem is I have to buy a new coffee cup (actually I only drink hot cocoa!) every time I go shopping! I must have 50 of them! Keep it up!
Revelle

Jennifer Edwards said...

Really fun mug drawings Deborah! I can so relate to all the "falling in love" with a particular medium.

Anonymous said...

Great sketches. Glad you're having fun, because it should be fun. Keep up the great work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...