Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

More ws graphite sketches and trying out my new converted Paintastic!


Several people have asked where I get the watersoluble graphite pencils. It's a bit tricky because it is sold as an open stock color of the Aquamonoliths and not listed separately. Following is a link to the item at Dick Blick: http://www.dickblick.com/products/cretacolor-aqua-monolith-woodless-watercolor-pencils/ (scroll down to "Graphite Aquarell" item #
20536-2191 260). I am sure you will LOVE them!


Yesterday in a long (3-hour) meeting for which I was taking minutes, I managed to also do the above sketch of the cow in my hand-book journal :-) The pocket inside the back cover is perfect for storing 4x6 reference photos



Today at lunch I ran out and bought the Elmer's Paintastics! They work fantastic! They perform just as well for me as the Niji waterbrush and I love the small size. The way they push the ws graphite around is just so luscious! The blue paint in the sketch is the paint that actually comes in the brushes. I highly recommend getting a pack of these! And I want to thank Nora Gardner for posting the instructions for doing this on her blog and on the Everyday Matters Yahoo group message board:
Thank you so much Nora!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Creatively Lisa said...

I saw those directions a couple weeks ago and have been wanting to try the paintpens as well for waterbrushes. Great sketches. I wish I could draw like that during work meetings but my boss is usually in the room and there are only a few of us. She would notice I'm not taking notes. LOL!!!
Love the drawings you did.

nanke's stuff said...

What a great way to spend time in a meeting ... not to say the meeting was boring or anything! lol nancy

FitFoodieMegha said...

Well done! You do a fantastic job with graphite pencils...Keep it up!

Unknown said...

wonderful pages! I had been wondering if the water flow of those was as good as the Niji. I have a few cheapo waterbrushes, and the flow of water is so bad you cannot even do a decent wash with them. Thanks for the info!

Timaree said...

You actually could sketch while taking minutes? That's a really nice picture. How did the minutes turn out, lol? Love your blue picture too. You are really doing so well!

Alex said...

This is so interesting! Being a big fan of graphite arts, I must say I like it because it's waterproof and easy to handle...but now we have Aquarelle Graphite, that's so cool! And your drawing looks very nice too. I would love to try it now... just gotta find them first

Ann said...

Thank you for posting the link for the ws graphite pencils. I have it saved to my wish list so I can find it again. Your sketches are great! Good use of your meeting time :-)

Anonymous said...

Nicely done sketches!

JRonson said...

beautiful skteches there :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...