Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

More with Water Soluble Graphite



I did it! I finally ordered more Cretacolor Aquamonolith Water Soluble Graphite pencils yesterday from Dick Blick. And last night when I got home it was confirmed that I did NEED more. I left the only one I had at work by mistake and today I am without one here at home. I used the Prismacolor ws graphite for the sketch below of this beautiful red-bellied woodpecker that comes to my feeder. I couldn't do him the justice he deserved, but here is my attempt at it nonetheless. This is such a beautiful bird. The red on his head against the background of snow is simply stunning.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Unknown said...

We have a lot of woodpeckers out here too; they are beautiful! Great job on these pages. It think your pencils were a great investment, especially since you know you like using them!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sketches. I know, those red bellied wood peckers just stand out so gloriously with the white snow as background. I have two, a male and female that frequent my feeders and also a little Downy.

Anonymous said...

Very Beautiful! I used to love watching the birds when I lived up north! :-) Once we get our own place and we have our own yard I hope to feed the birds again..

Your picture makes the wait not seem so long! ;-) Great job on these!

Timaree said...

Well see, you got the answer to your feeling of guilt - DON'T! I'm amazed at what you captured as birds don't sit still long enough for me.

nanke's stuff said...

Seeing the birds in the winter is a real treat and adds beauty to what can be an otherwise bleak landscape. Your woodpecker is very good! nancy

DALowe Artist said...

Thank you all for your encouraging comments - they mean the world! I hope to have some new sketches to post tomorrow. I'm off work for a holiday!!
Hugs to you all,
Deborah

A.Marie said...

I ordered some ws graphite pencils inspired by your wonderful sketches. They came this weekend. The cretacolors were out of stock so I ordered the Caran d'Ache.

JRonson said...

I love the birdd beautiful sketch in this post ! contragts

Lisa said...

Your drawings look great. I have some Derwent water soluble graphite pencils. Have I used them yet? Nope. LOL.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...