Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

ED in May 13 - An Inspired Journal Page



Last night I stumbled upon Traci Bautista's flickr photos and I have her book "Collage Unleashed" too. I pulled it out along with Diana Trout's "Journal Spilling" and I made a delicious mess!









I love painting coffee filters with watercolors and then using them in collage.




While I know I was supposed to draw EDM 13 on May 13, I didn't want to. So instead I went with my inspiration and designed this page.

I've decided to change my EDM Challenge for Every Day in May to a Journal Page Every Day in May. My creativity is just stifled by having a list of things I "have" to draw. I just can't stand it anymore. Hope you won't be disappointed, but I refuse to draw anything as mundane as a Manwich can again - now if the muse is there, fine, but I don't like "having" to draw something. That's why I stopped doing commissions. For me it has to be about color and PLAY. And last night I played! It was so much fun! I did the background for May 14, but got tired and went to bed before I finished. Tonight I hope I can do # 14 and # 15 to catch up.

Hugs to you all! Happy Painting!





8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Very beautiful pages! I love the contrast between the colors and the black lines. Nice job!

panzer said...

I love it!!!

nanke's stuff said...

Well,this is quite the jolly page. I'm glad you're doing what makes you happy! nancy

Purrplekatt said...

Deborah - I love how it turned out! So colorful. :)

Timaree said...

Great page and this totally makes sense. Now if you couldn't THINK of something to draw then the challenges are great but when you have your own ideas well then, you should use them! I think anyone in their right mind would really prefer seeing what you come up with on your own than your take on a challenge.

Alex said...

Abandon and divert, and create... ^^ the result is of course fantastic!

E*phi said...

I totally feel you. I'm not very happy about commissions for the same reason (although, I rarely get any anyway as I'm no "real" artist).
I'm always grateful for the excessive edm list in times when "I just want to sketch around a bit" but don't know what excactly (and can't be bothered to think about it too much). However, it absolutely MUST be fun and play, and that's usually what brings the best results. Also, I'm really bad with anything that takes too long to materialize. Rather cool ideas died sad deaths because I simply got bored during the process of tranferring them from brain to paper...

Anonymous said...

Go on, have some fun!! That is what this is all about.
PS The journal page really does look fun and cheerful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...