Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Chestnut Creek School of the Arts - Grand Opening!



I couldn't wait another minute to tell you about my day yesterday! I marched with other artists, some dressed in crazy fun costumes, in a parade of the arts to celebrate and announce the Grand Opening of Chestnut Creek School of the Arts (http://chestnutcreekarts.org). I displayed my journals and demonstrated sketchbook journaling, drawing interest hopefully for a class I plan to teach at the school. I completed the above pages during the demonstration/festival. I met so many wonderful people and sold a few of my small 5x7 and 4x6 paintings. Also completed the pages below which had a start but needed work.

I met a beautiful, sweet couple from Santa Barbara CA who are traveling with their family of 7 and one on the way (such well-behaved, beautiful children) through the 50 states. We talked and discovered our shared belief in Jesus Christ and they took home a 5x7 painting of a barn which reminded them of the many barns they've seen across the 28 states they have covered so far. After many hugs and smiles and well wishes we parted ways, but I will never forget meeting them. What a wonderful family! You can meet them and read of their travels at http://www.SurfinAmericaWithJesus.org.

A great, although very windy and cool, day spent doing what I love - making art and talking to people about art and a shared belief in the Lover of our Souls - Jesus.




Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Mixed Media Martyr said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful day! And it isn't easy to sit and make art on the spot in front of people. Thanks for sharing!

nanke's stuff said...

What a splendid day, including splendid journal entries! Very nice post, too!! nancy

Lee said...

Fabulous!

Purrplekatt said...

Love how colorful your new pages are and I love the Junco's too! We had a couple at our feeder a few weeks back. :)

~Stacy (BAJ group)

Timaree said...

Very nice pages. Glad you had a great day. Those birds are great!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Journals! How fun to have an EVENT! With Art! Gotta love ARTFILLED days! Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Lovely day! I taught an illustrated journal class to some troubled teens once. They loved it! (Especially the making of their own journals...we were short on funds and couldn't buy commercial sketchbooks!)

Alex said...

Sounds like one fine day indeed! I am glad that you've sold some paintings, and I feel even more happier for those people who brought those art home. =) It's not just a painting but a piece of joy, a piece of expression, a piece of life that they brought home.

Janene said...

What a fun and joyous sketch and blog post!

Ann said...

That's awesome! Sounds like a great day and a wonderful opportunity.

Ramona Davidson said...

Wonderful post. Yes, I love books too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...