Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Painted muslin and a Sketch in my Journal



Last Saturday, 10/17, I cut pieces of muslin fabric in 5 x 7 or 4 x 6 sizes. I then painted and stamped and splashed and played all over them. I had the best time! I plan to use these in collage, books, etc. Not really sure what possibilities they have, but they sure were fun to do! I have a large stack of the cut fabric pieces and I can't wait to paint some more.



This evening I drew the 2-page spread below in my journal while my husband watched TV. I'm really enjoying working with the Prismacolor Art Stix - I love the bold strokes of color. In the upper left corner of the left hand page, I tried a zentangle - my first. I've seen them on blogs and wondered what it was all about and then I read an article about them in the most recent issue of Cloth, Paper, Scissors magazine. I need lots of practice obviously. I just couldn't get into it tonight. I've had a dull but annoying headache all day. I did enjoy the sketching though.
I hope everyone has a great week! I have a busy day coming up tomorrow! Happy Sunday evening everyone.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Creatively Lisa said...

All that painting looks like a lot of fun. They would make some great journal covers. Thanks for sharing.

trish said...

great sketches!!

Ramona Davidson said...

Lovely sketches. They look like they were fun to do.

Adine said...

I love the cheerful colors! Very nice work!

Lynn said...

I really like your sketchbook. That pot of tea looks very inviting.

Alex said...

That muslin thingy surely looks fun! I have forgotten how fun it is to do prints all over with random objects ^^ It's very interesting how they are able to create some interesting negative space and patterns.

Ann said...

Your journal pages are wonderful and I really like your fabric painting. Journal covers would be terrific, or pencil rolls, or both!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...