Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Quote for the Day

Just the knowledge that a good book is awaiting one at the end of a long day makes that day happier.
~~~Kathleen Norris, Hands Full of Living, 1931
I recently joined the American Christian Fiction Writers Book Club group on yahoo. I am so enjoying myself! I used to labor over my reading trying to "perfect" myself with Christian self-help, classics, and other laborious books - forgetting to ENJOY myself. Mind you, Christian self-help has its rightful place, as do the classics and those laborious books -- but I have rediscovered the power of a good story to thrill, inspire, uplift, entertain, suspend, evoke emotion, and fulfill. Right now I am reading A State of Grace by Traci Depree and awaiting the arrival of It's Not About Him by Michelle Sutton (the book of the month for the book club). At the library tonight I checked out the first in the O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson. Now I'm off to see what happens next in A State of Grace.
Hopefully by the end of the week I can share what I worked on this past weekend during studio time with my favorite partner - my daughter.
Here's to a good book awaiting us at the end of a long day!
Happy Tuesday to all!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...