Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday Evening Post



This is my messy corner of the living room - books, books, books! Oh how I love books!

Speaking of books...below are a couple of two-page spreads in my SKETCHbook --- I did these just now while my husband watched VA Tech play football -- fun! This has been a very cool (cold actually) fall day (felt like winter actually). We accomplished a lot today - cleaning, organizing, getting ready for winter with blankets and sweaters.





Happy Autumn Evening everyone!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Peachtreeart said...

Winter...you've got to like it! And that steaming brew you've drawn!

Alex said...

Love the colors love autumn! :)

Deborah said...

Do you have cream? I'll be right over! Are the leaves rubbings? Great work.

DALowe Artist said...

Thank you all for your comments! Yes, Deborah, these are leaf rubbings :-) Come on over, I have milk, but I drink my coffee black.

Kelly said...

Hi Deborah; Excellent sketches. That is one of my favorite things to do while my boys and hubby watch their "boy" movies. I just take my sketchbook and sit and draw beside them, not really paying attention to the movie but able to be with my boys. Those steaming hot coffees look great! I love the rubbings too. We do not get those big leaves here in our neighborhood because the trees have yet to mature. I would love to get some though.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Such a riot of color and mood - winter comfort - steaming mugs of coffee and cocoa, crispy leaves, books and friends, sounds of sports announcers. Gee, can you tell I'm ready to visit the States again? Thank you for evoking so many good memories - made, and to be made. :)

Ramona Davidson said...

Colorful and creative. Love how you used the tv time for art.

Ramona Davidson said...

Good use of time. Lovely colors.

Patty Ruthe said...

Nice fall series. Good use of tv time! I'm typing this now while sitting next to hubby who's watching the tube.

Timaree said...

Love your coffee cup page! I like the colors and the bold strokes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...