Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

The results of my holiday at home



A work in progress - colored pencil on 5"x7" stonehenge paper - the photo is of the blueberry bush I found growing in my neighbor's garden.

Below is the results of my book making today - I've been home from work for Columbus Day Holiday - a lovely, rainy, cool Monday inside doing what I love - hanging out in the studio. I plan to fill these with sketches - I will do some hand lettering on the front.





Below: A little, bitty book made from the leftover cardstock with embellishments.
Thought it would be perfect for quotes and maybe to give as a gift.



Hope everyone had an artsy, relaxing Monday!

8 comments:

Nora said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Nora :D
Finding Hope Through Fiction
www.psalm516.blogspot.com

Alex said...

Very productive indeed! :) But if this is a relaxing one, I wonder how much more productive you'd get when you're actually working hard.
I can't wait to see the finished drawing. The books you made are wonderful and delightful looking. The turquoise stones are beautiful too. Unfortunately I can't say the same about my Monday, I can't really get myself to draw anything at the moment...

Timaree said...

Pretty books. Everyone likes getting a little book so that is a really good idea. I usually save the scraps for trying out my colors on or for bookmarks but how many of them do you need? So the idea of a quotation book for gifts is a very good one.

Ramona Davidson said...

I too can't wait until the painting is done. Lovely so far. The books are lovely too.

Patty Ruthe said...

The books are great. Love the blue in the blueberries.

Ausjenny said...

wow this looks so cool. you are very tallented.

Krista Meister said...

Very nice journal! Don't you love when you have a day off to create? I just tried out Stonehenge paper the other day and love how it takes graphite.

Deborah M said...

Beautiful! Blue is my favorite color. I like to photograph anything in nature. Good job.
Deborah M.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...