Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

Learn What You Are and Be Such.

Even though I knew this truth in my head already - I experienced it in my heart and soul this evening. God is pleased with me when I am simply being me - the me that comes naturally, not the me that is constantly striving to do more for God or to do big things for God - but the me that does what God created me to do, that comes easily and naturally for me - playing the piano, singing to Him, worshipping, adoring... I sensed in my spirit that God was pleased with me. What a feeling - inexpressible joy and peace. When I paint and draw and create art - God is pleased with me. I don't have to strive and struggle and analyze and stress about what God wants me to be or do... He simply, SIMPLY (love that word) wants me to be the person He created me to be.


I mean, think about it, God didn't create fish to fly or birds to live underwater. He didn't create giraffes to be the king of the jungle or lions to eat leaves from the tops of tall trees. They can't! Because they're not made that way! Imagine a fish trying with all his might and struggling, striving to fly and perch in a tree! All His creation was planned perfectly. We all have "good works" which were "planned in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10 NIV) There is no doubt that I was prepared in advance to make art, play the piano and sing. The reason I believe this is that I am naturally BENT to do those things with ease. Not without work and practice, but with ease. My mama gave me piano lessons when I was 12 years old, but God gave me the rest. I am very grateful to my mama, but I know that the talent, the bent towards playing by ear, and the ease with which it seems to come for me now - that came from God and God alone. What a wonderful gift!

And I realized that the reason He is pleased with me - is not because of what I do or have done or will do, but because of what was done on the CROSS for me. Jesus' sacrifice and death on the cross made me "acceptable in the Beloved" (him, Jesus).


Ephesians 1:5-7 (King James Version)
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

So paint, create art, sing, teach, preach, sky-dive, leap tall buildings in a single bound... just BE WHO YOU ARE.

Learn what you are and be such. - Pindar (http://quotationsbook.com/quote/35736/)



2 comments:

Katy said...

Deborah, we had a busy weekend, and I just got to the computer this morning. What a great way to begin the week! Thank you for this lovely post!

MD said...

I've just found your blog. This was just what I needed right this minute. Thank you.
MD

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...