Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

Ears



I'm home from work today because my daughter hurt her knee last night tossing the football with her daddy. I'm taking her to the doctor later. She's sleeping now and I had time to work on some drawing practice. The left page is from Jack Hamm's Drawing the Head and Figure, practicing drawing ears - I much prefer drawing from life so I went over and sat next to Grace and concentrated mainly on her ear. I added watercolor in the studio. The drawing is done with Sanford Design Ebony Pencil. I used pen on a couple of the ears on the left page.

Enlarge to see detail. Below is a closeup of Grace sleeping.






4 comments:

Alex said...

result is awesome! I love the orientation, and the depth, the colors are great!

Peachtreeart said...

I like how you've applied your practice!

Ann said...

This is so beautifully done! Thanks for sharing.

Katy said...

Excellent! You are very talented, Deborah.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...