Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Creative Chronicles # 2



Creative chaos!! Love it.






















 I started out just sketching the bottle of flowers on the right in colored pencil, then added watercolor.  I didn't like the background, so I gessoed over it, let it dry and went in with more watercolor washes. Then I added watercolor, watercolor pencils, and more colored pencils, and I think some white gouache. Oh, before I did all that, I glued the page to the page behind it for more support. 

I like the effect of the gesso, the way it makes the background look sort of mottled...an interesting texture. 

And lastly I leave you with a beautiful closeup of my supplies.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Cathy Holtom said...

I really like how you did the bottle!

Unknown said...

I need to try that...I love the background. Is it a special type of gesso for watercolor or just any ol' kind?

Beautiful!

Timaree said...

Nice page. I love the vase and flower colors on this background. I have made a soft background by brushing in a bit of acrylic paint with the wet gesso.

Sasa said...

Love seeing other artists' work spaces! And very nice flower+vase watercolor.

Alex said...

Lovely sketch

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...