Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Saturday Evening Sketching Trip

Late yesterday afternoon, I took a drive - with the sole purpose of sketching.  I filled up a clean watercolor palette with colors like cobalt violet, brown madder, naples yellow, vermilion - fall colors.


I drove the backroads just drinking in the beauty of the sky, the leaves, the mountains - breathtaking!  Then I'd find a spot and pull over and sketch.  The sketch below was done before I went home to get a decent brush, a water container and the palette with fresh paints.  The Niji waterbrush used below frustrated me so bad!  I find that it clogs and I have to squeeze and squeeze and still can't get enough water out to even wet the bristles.  I used the needle to clean it out, but apparently not well enough.  I think the problem is I leave water in it all the time and rarely use it, so it clogs.  Anyway I don't like it. 
But the sketching trip is something I want to do again and again.  Terrific therapy and the perfect way to spend some time alone with my art - although some company would have been great too!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This type of outing sounds heavenly! Wonderful, wonderful pages!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...