Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Work as Worship


Sunday, October 9 during Sunday School at our church we had what was termed an “Expo”. It was set up similar to a fair or as the term suggests expo. One gentleman had his drag racing hobby displayed and he demonstrated and revved up his engine, showed his trailer; one man had his gun hobby as his display. Then inside the fellowship hall, a lady discussed how she crochets baby blankets and prays for the baby before she gives the blanket to the new mother – this is her ministry. I had my art on display, my journals mostly and some of my small paintings. All of these were examples of how our hobbies and talents can be used in ministry to other people. This event lit a fire under me!!! I had become rather stale in my passion and in my art, just needed a good dose of inspiration. And this was it! Since then I have had the creative juices flowing and my engine has been revved  I will share more in subsequent posts about the results of all this inspiration. Please check back soon…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...How nice is this painting.
I love it. So bright and cheerful.
Great stuff!
Stew.

Unknown said...

This sounds like a wonderful idea. I wonder if I can get my church to do an expo....

So happy for you! And don't worry about not bloghopping...just go where your art and heart take you!

Alex said...

Beautiful! Looks so cheerful

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...