Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Painting # 8 in 100


11 x 14 watercolor
completed today! 7/18/2010 - this took me about an hour

Reference material: the sketch below done during dinner at a restaurant near the Blue Ridge Parkway and from the window where I sat I could see the bridge. Perfect composition ready and waiting to be sketched! Now of course, the bridge is not really cobalt violet - but my version...is.

Fauvism - thanks Dan! I like that! Matisse. I love Matisse's work!



Doesn't this little messy work area look like fun!
I am loving painting watercolors at my easel. It's been very freeing to be able to just walk over, my palette all ready to go and paint.


Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

panzer said...

Great job!!! I love watercolors. *grins* I was curious about where you bought that watercolor tray...that is cool!

Timaree said...

What a fun bridge! Oh I think you are going to have fun now that you are mixing you into the pictures. Wonder where this will lead you.

DALowe Artist said...

Thank you, Panzer! The watercolor palette is the empty palette designed for Yarka St. Petersburg Professional watercolors and you can buy it from cheapjoes.com. I don't like it with the Yarka's because the pans fall out, but it's great for tube colors!
Freebird - thank you! I am excited about where this will lead and having loads of fun!

Ann said...

I love this! It looks just like my neighborhood too.

Cecelia said...

Cobalt Violet is my favorite color! I love to start with it! Just seems that I get more inspiration that way.

Alex said...

What an improvement! I like both the 'raw' and the 'new' versions... to me they give off different feels and I like that. One is more on journalism, and another is more purposed made. ^^

nanke's stuff said...

What a great choice to use purple for the bridge! I love this painting - it's so happy looking. nancy

Unknown said...

I love your choice of cobalt violet!

Another question about your Yarka palette: I have one, but there is a flimsy plastic insert (sort of similar to the plastic used in coffee cup lids for takeout). Do you have that in yours? I'm expecting mine to crack any day now!

lyn said...

This should be fun to watch! I've done 100's hands, horses, cats and I started dogs only quick sketches. Good luck with this, you are sure to learn allot!

donna said...

What a lively painting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...