Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Praise and Worship




For the first time in my life, I am without a church. We have grown more and more dissatisfied with our current church and finally we decided that it was time to leave, and we don't know where God wants us to go yet. Honestly, we've enjoyed a couple of Sundays at home - but realize certainly that this cannot become a habit. It's been so nice though to rest and "recuperate" so to speak. Next week we've agreed to visit one of two churches. Please pray that God will lead us where He wants us to be. Visiting churches is so very hard.
Today I woke up thinking about what I wanted to do today...a joyous, colorful painting in praise to God. My own way of worshipping and honoring God. The two paintings are 14" x 17" in size and were so much fun to do. My daughter has claimed the bottom one for her room. I want to take the other to work for my office, which is quickly filling up with my artwork. I have no idea how I'm going to find a place for this one...
Happy Sunday evening. It's been a good day.


Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

More pretty flowers!!! :-) Cute as can be!!! I like the writing over top of them!

Janet Ghio said...

Deborah
I really like your bright flower paintings!! I think you've got a series going!

Central California Bucket List said...

love it!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I love the flowers with the writing, very nice! The colors are outstanding!

Dan Kent said...

Vibrant! Colorful! Alive! And an apt illustration of your message - well done!

Timaree said...

Very nice Deborah. Got your bright flowers and the writing looks great over it. What a compliment that your daughter wants one to hang up. I hope you find a church home. I am out of my church too but don't know where home will be as I've left the Catholic Church - not just one local one.

Leslie said...

Love the bright colors with the Psalms of praise! How appropriate. Wonderful! I pray you do find the church God has for you. :)

Shelley Malone said...

I love your bright happy flowers! I'm sure you'll find the right church for your family before too long. Good for you for recognizing that it was time to move on.

Janene said...

I like your joyful paintings of flowers with verses over the top, especially the second one. I am praying that the Lord will guide you in your church search. We went through a similar experience a few years ago and found a wonderful church through this website: www.sovereigngraceministries.org/

donna said...

Your flowers are so colorful and joyous. I really like them.

Unknown said...

The second best thing to going to church, is making your own church. Well done!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...