Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

The week before Christmas ?!!?



‘Twas the week before Christmas and all through the house
not a thing put away, everything was in a mess...

I am making presents and wrapping presents, and my house is dirty and a total wreck. Saturday I shopped all day - I mean ALL day - literally 'til I dropped - with my daughter, my sister and my niece. What a great day! But oh, so tiring. Yesterday I slept late, took a long nap, and then went to bed early. Last week was THE BUSIEST week. Our Employee Appreciation Christmas Social at work - which I am in charge of planning - thankfully with the help of a fantastic committee of hard workers. For 400 employees! We served them breakfast and a lunch of homemade lasagna. A very nice event, I think, as it turned out - but oh, the stress of planning it and pulling it off!! This year wasn't as bad as usual. I had a wonderful, talented friend who helped loads with the planning and the cooking (also a member of the committee), and maybe the experience of being in this role for 3 years has paid off.

I did manage on Friday to do the little gouache painting above. Gouache, gel pen, colored pencil - overworked -I think you can see my tiredness and stress in it. But I posted it nonetheless. I also did the little marker drawings below on Friday - with a watercolor background. I did them after the one above, so you can see my tightness starting to ease a bit.



And this morning I thought I would leave you with a little photo of my tree decorations.

Merry week before Christmas everyone!!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a merry Christmas to you! I do hope you get a bit of rest soon - you really have been so busy. Isn't it nice, how a little art can ease the stress for a while!

Patty Ruthe said...

Merry Christmas! I like the colored lights. Nothing like a little art to "loosen up".

donna said...

I am not sure the painting is overdone, I think it just shows the "energy" of the season.

I enjoyed your post and all of the illustrations. Thanks for sharing.

Timaree said...

I like your pictures. I think you've just finished a big thing at work. No wonder you are tired.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...