Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Daily Prompt - New Year's Eve



My plans for tomorrow - first a visit with a dear friend and kids.
Then I want to get a cup of tea or coffee and sit back - maybe watch a movie - the VA Tech bowl game, or read a good book. Reflect on the past year and celebrate.

Next year - my ultimate goal is to maintain a quiet and undisturbed spirit - to be at peace.
How to do that? - put God first - spend time in His Word, developing a close relationship with Him. That is the only way.

Goals? Plans? No, I've decided to abandon all my pondering and goal-setting and make the above my focus. Maintaining a quiet spirit - no easy task. And enough to think about all by itself.

The purpose of my art - to glorify God and express my creative self - to ENJOY life, to enjoy the gifts God has given me. I like to play! It's okay to play!!! I've spent most of my life striving, feeling like I'm never good enough, feeling like I need to do more. In 2010 I'm going to do less and be more. I'm going to have fun and play with my art. I'm going to read Christian fiction for enjoyment and inspiration. I'm going to put less pressure on myself.

Now it's fine for people to have a plan for their blog for each year, or each month. Some people need motivation or focus - direction. I am weary of being so darned motivated. I want to relax more and know that it's okay!! Not to be lazy of course - but I have had no trouble during my 40 years being motivated, driven. Now I'm learning to just "go with the flow" and I like it!!! I won't turn back now! I've come too far. It's very tempting to write those goals down, restrict myself to a plan with rules and expectations, pressure - but NO I won't do it!!! I want to keep that calendar uncluttered - full of endless possibilities. So here's to a new year everybody - a year filled with possibilities and promise...
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Ann said...

I look forward to seeing what the coming year holds for you. So glad to hear that you are ready to play! Your art is always delightful and uplifting, this will be a good year for you!

Tammy Freiborg said...

May the coming year be filled with serendipity, surprises, thrills, and peace! As John Lennon said, "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plants."

Timaree said...

Great pages. I see that mug over on your picture of yourself. A favorite mug? I think I am going to work my way through the current classes I've lined up and then not sign up for more, just ease up as you are doing. Heaven knows, I do, really do have enough supplies to last me a lifetime and books too. I have never spent so much money as I have since I could order things online! It's a good year to stop and sit back. I think I'll take your cue.

Hope you have a wonderful year.

Anonymous said...

Love the cup and the colors you used on it. I also like the yellow you used! I love yellow!!! Great work here!!

JaneT said...

I like what you have planned for a new year. One of the things I am going to do is remind myself that I don't have to toss something if it isn't perfect, which in turn will quiet my spirit. I am going to try very hard to keep my mouth shut and not be so blunt - I have always told it like I see it and this will probably not work for long, but I am going to really try. I won't write a list because it will get misplaced anyay and I have never kept my New Year's resolutions anyway when I did write them down. I have isolated myself this year due to illness and hope to start having the desire to get out more. I wish I would get bored so I would want to leave the house, but I have so much that I like here that I just don't want to leave much. I would like to read the Bible, but haven't made that commitment because if I make a commitment, I do try to keep it. I will still do my daily devotional and still have my "conversations" with my Maker. Wishing you a wonderful New Year.

Anonymous said...

I love this post, and say "That-a-girl!" How can we balance if we don't practice balancing? As you practice alone or among folk, remember... breathe ;)

Anonymous said...

Great post - and I think you are definitely on the right track!

Katy said...

I'm right there with you, Deborah! Bravo!

Patty Ruthe said...

Great post, Deborah! And thanks to you and Phyllis, I've "discovered" my goal for the new year! Ahhhh, breathe, just breathe.... Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you on this one Deborah! Have a wonderful New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...