Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas SNOW!! And presents to make! And lack of inspiration!

Yesterday and last night we got A FOOT (12") of snow!!! Christmas snow and in no small amount!!! I can hardly believe it!



I made my daughter her very first snow cream - yes, she is almost 14, but we haven't had this much snow in years!


our half-Golden, Zoey, belly deep in a foot of snow!

Snow cream in the works


All done in my Longaberger latte mug

Now for some Christmas Presentry:



I hope you can get some idea from these pictures - not very good photos.
I began these projects with much enthusiasm, inspiration, and time. Now I am down to the wire on all three. Christmas is next week for heaven's sake! How did it get here so quickly - I feel as if I skipped a couple weeks between Thanksgiving and now. I had so many ideas - things I wanted to make and give. And now I'm feeling overwhelmed, frustrated, rushed and rather frantic. I don't like feeling frantic. How can one create while feeling frantic? I've lost my Christmas joy and I must get it back! Tomorrow is a new day - still homebound in the snow, and tomorrow I will regain my joy, slow down, and enjoy myself. I am determined.




Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love the artwork and am jealous of your snowfall (don't get much in San Fran!) So I gotta ask- what is snow cream?

Timaree said...

Here's hoping you get some rest tonight and wake up refreshed and ready to get some presents done. Turn on the music and tell everyone to get out of the way cause you are getting some stuff done! Then just start. Once you pick up a piece and get to work it'll flow again. Get something into the crockpot for dinner so you don't have to worry about it. Good luck! Hope to hear you've got your energy back.

Unknown said...

These are just beautiful! You should relax in knowing that they are wonderful and the recipients will love them!

Also, I hate to reveal my naive Texan-ism (is that a word?), but what is snow cream?

Sandra said...

Your gifts are lovely. What gets done is just right. Relax. I also have no idea-what is snow cream?

Vickie A-Morgan said...

I know what snow cream is! We made it a couple times when I was a kid. Yum! Just gotta be careful where you get your snow these days. I always look at snowbound days as God's little gift to make me slow down and enjoy life. Snow day = art day! So I hope you can do that. Besides, if you can't go anywhere anyway......

Katy said...

Love love love the book collages! Hang in there! I didn't attempt to make a single gift this year. I'm a little bit ashamed of myself!

Kirstin said...

Love the art work and I'd certainly be happy to receive them! And I must confess that although I live in snow country, I don't know what snow cream is either.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...