Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Word of the Day - Journal Page



Today's journal page: word of the day - INFLUENZA
My daughter has the swine flu. The moment we've all dreaded...

I've been home from work with her today - I like how this page turned out.
The page on the left is from a dictionary - defining the word "influenza".
That's about all I've been able to concentrate on today.

We did have a very colorful start to our day - Grace's bowl of Trix - it was
so pretty I had to take a picture : Trix are for rabbits, not for kids :-)


We learned the truth of that as it gave her an upset stomach later. I was mad
at myself for letting her eat it. I offered to make her something for breakfast (honest),
but she didn't want anything I suggested - so we resorted to Trix - mistake...

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Kate (Cathy Johnson) said...

Oh, dear, poor baby! But I love the journal page...small consolation, I know!

Alan said...

Hope your daughter gets to feeling better soon.

Creatively Lisa said...

I hope your daughter is feeling better soon. Your page did turn out rather nice considering the circumstances. BTW...the bowl of trix is very colorful and would make an interesting background!

Timaree said...

Hopefully she gets over it quickly as so many have. The good part is she'll have some immunity to go into the future with now. Nice journal pages.

Alex said...

I wish that your daughter has recovered from the flu. My friend in Norway caught it, and him, his wife, his 3 year old son and 7 months old daughter had got it too, and they recovered in 2 days, much faster than common flu, and didn't even take any special vaccine.
So his advice, eat healthy(lots of vitamins and fiber), and stay healthy(workout and sweat) and your body will fight it for you.
Love the journal page

Lynn said...

Great journal page! Good for you for finding inspiration in a trying situation. I hope your daughter gets well soon

Ann said...

I hope your daughter is feeling better soon! I know it can be really hard when your child isn't feeling well. Flat coke and lots of popsicles usually do the trick around here for an upset tummy. Good journal page though, despite the circumstances :-)

Dan Kent said...

My thoughts are with you and your daughter. It would be all I could think about too. Very clever how you put the drawing on the dictionary, and I like how it turned out too!

DALowe Artist said...

Thank you all for the well wishes and for your comments on my pages. Grace is feeling some better, still not 100%. Hopefully she can go back to school tomorrow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...