Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Today's Lunch Journal Spread



Last night I went to sleep thinking about how I wanted to splash watercolors around in my Aquabee sketchbook. I grabbed my little Crayola palette filled with tube colors and headed out the door this morning. Finally, lunchtime came and I opened to a page I had already glued an e-mail and a tea bag paper into and drew my coffee cup - I never get tired of drawing this Longaberger Tomato colored coffee cup - however, I never feel like I totally capture it either. (Notice the coffee stains on the pages - I poured a little coffee from this morning out of the cup and sat it into it to purposefully make a stain on the page LOL) Once again, I feel as if I overworked the washes a bit. I want to lay down the color and leave it in is pristine, fresh state - but I can never seem to do that - I just keep going back into those first washes, dabbing here, dabbing there - until I have a mess and wish I'd stopped a long time ago!

What is great is the absolute JOY doing this journal page brought me!! I'm telling you, there is nothing like splashing watercolors to make my heart sing!! And it has been singing all afternoon since then. I have so missed my little palette of watercolors and my lunchtime watercolor session - I must get back into that habit. Hey, the Thanksgiving holidays are coming. I can splash away in my studio for the next few days! Happy, Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!

Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Dan Kent said...

This is a just beautiful journal spread! You worry about what you do to your wash, but it looks great! I often lay a perfectly good wash and then purposely mess it up to create interest. I love the splattering! I think it's great how you glued the e-mail and the tea to the page. I drank tea twice today and never once thought of that! ;)

Patsy Taylor-Craw said...

Gorgeous colors and great touches glued & stained.

Timaree said...

I love your term "splashing paint". That sounds like so much fun. I am so scared of my watercolors I keep using my pencils. I think you made the mug look VERY shiny. Wow. I end up filling the whole item with one boring shade of whatever and have no highlights or anything. I'd love to watch you splash paint!

Creatively Lisa said...

Love this page and please keep sharing. I love to see what people do in their journals. I still spend most my time thinking about what I am going to put in it instead of actually doing it.

Alex said...

Beautiful splash! I've been missing out the fun in doing that. I used to do a lot of splashing when I was 9 I think, I am not too sure why I stopped, maybe because my mom said I'd made a mess and couldn't do it anymore.
I really like the red shiny porcelain mug.

Tammy Freiborg said...

What a great message to receive! The cup is so interesting. Great page!

Johanna said...

I totally understand the feeling of joy you express in "splashing paint".

I like the mug very much, especially the highlights which make the mug sort of come out of the page - I just want to reach out and touch it. Nicely done. And please do keep up with your lunchtime sessions!

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful mug and I love the little bits of white paper left for highlights, especially those around the rim.

Shirley said...

Wonderful page spread! Your joy and creativity are really evident.

Anonymous said...

I love this page! The sentiment is so important. Mostly, though, is the obvious joy making this spread gave to you. Keep that joy flowing! And belated birthday blessings!!

Mary

Katy said...

I think your journal page looks great! And I love that square sketchbook!

Shelley Malone said...

This is fanTAStic!!! I love the colours you chose, and the way you recorded your daily cup of tea.

Unknown said...

It certainly shows that you love this cup! What a wonderful, beautiful, colorful page!

DALowe Artist said...

I am so blessed by all your comments! I can't believe what a response this journal page has generated! You all make me feel so happy and encouraged! Tonight when I have more time, I'm just going to sit down and revel in all your comments and visit each of your blogs. Thank you so much!

Artefaque: (är'tə-fākt') * said...

Very Nice!

Vickie A-Morgan said...

Love your page and the fact that you have time to do this on your lunch break. I'm so jealous.

Patty Ruthe said...

Happy splashing! Happy mug and mug rings! Happy journal pages!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...