Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

Musings and Giving Thanks

I was just looking back over a post from October when I was doing colored pencil drawings. (http://daloweartist.blogspot.com/2009/10/e-mail-to-friend-decided-to-share-my.html)
Although what I said in the post was true - I realize now that I can't put myself or my art in a box. I can't stick to just one medium - that's not how I work. I go through phases, lots of phases!

I recently hit a sale on markers - a mega sale - and I went hog wild with markers for a few days; then I might read a blog post or a book on collage and get excited about collage again for a while; I might miss splashing with watercolors one day and decide to do that...as you can see my blog is rather disjointed, but it's obvious when I look back through all the posts that I'm having fun; I'm discovering myself; and I'm playing! I am so thankful that I have a job that I love and that I make enough money to support all my playful phases and fancies. God has blessed me so much.

I was very overwhelmed and down Wednesday, and I finally realized that I needed to go straight to God with all my feelings - of course, the bad thing is that first I vented all my frustrations to a couple of friends and I regret all the things I said and the mood I was in...it's funny how one day life can seem so fantastic when just a few days earlier one can be so disheartened, critical, and grumpy. I'm thankful that God knows all about our moods and various "disorders", quirks, and idiosyncrasies and He loves us anyway. Psalm 139 - he knows when I sit down and when I get up and he UNDERSTANDS my thoughts - I love that. God understands!

I need so much work, so much refining...I pray that God will forgive my ungrateful heart, my pride, my critical spirit, my envy, my judgmentalism, oh how I need Jesus - I am so thankful that we have an Advocate, a Saviour, the Prince of Peace. I am so thankful for Jesus Christ and that because of His sacrifice on the cross I am God's daughter - think about it - a Daughter of the living God! Now that's something to be thankful for - something I can't even fathom! I've been Adopted into the family of God - forever! God is so patient with me, so full of mercy - I pray that He will continue to have mercy and grace as I learn to walk with Him and reflect the Character of Christ - I fall so very short.

I am blessed, truly blessed, and very thankful tonight.

I want to thank all of YOU who follow my blog, who read my posts, view my art, follow along with all my phases and play along with me. Your comments are so encouraging and it makes me so happy and fulfilled to share my art with you. I have had almost 6000 visits to my blog since its inception and that is incredibly rewarding to me. I can hardly believe it! Thank you all so very much.

Thank you for letting me muse and ponder tonight.

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend to all of you!

4 comments:

Dan Kent said...

Your post is truly in the Thanksgiving spirit. I think it is wonderful that you try so much - I have an awfully restless spirit with art myself and though I'm pretty much sticking withart watercolors I doubt that my stuff is going to look much the same down the road. Happy Thanksgiving!

Timaree said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I switch around as much as you do. You do well at it all though so why not?

Anonymous said...

I just want to come over to your blog again to say "Hi". I am following your blog through Google Reader and very often I am touched by your posts, but not always I take the effort to come over.
Thanks for sharing your faith here as well.

Ann said...

Wonderful post and such beautiful, joyful painted glass! Thanks for sharing all the many different works that you do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...