Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Accoutrements of my Morning at Work



Inspired by Diana Trout's Journal Spilling - at lunch today, I glued all the papers from my morning tea and coffee and journaled about my morning here at work. My favorite coffee cup, my mouse, my phone... etc. Not exactly "art" to some, but oh it was fun! Such a release to do something creative and on such a rainy day when going out was not appealing. I used line and watercolor, stamping, collage - all the processes I love so much - in creating this. I'm pleased with the composition, the way the red ties it all together and most of all the FUN I had doing it. Thanks to all the wonderful artists and authors who've written such inspiring books!!! (Why the word accoutrements came to my mind, I have no idea - but here it is - the "trappings", if you will, of my day...) Happy Wednesday everyone - go create something fun!!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

I absolutely call that art of the best kind. It has place and preserves memories in the best way.

xoxo

Alex said...

It looks fun!! And the results spells FUN all over, and I believe that's what art is all about.. pure expression ^^ I love the reds all over

Tammy Freiborg said...

All that's missing is a few coffee spots. I love the sound of "journal spilling"! Love this collage of you morning!

Elizabeth Golden said...

This is wonderful. I felt the spilling of your morning...hoping you caught your breath in the afternoon.

Anonymous said...

This is great - inspired by your post, I just checked out that book and may have to buy it!

Julie Frokjer said...

This is a wonderful page! I'd love to use your idea for a page in my own journal. Thanks for sharing.

Lindart said...

I think this is a great page! An "in the moment" page!

donna said...

I love this. It is fun and wonderful.

Timaree said...

I think the red ties it together and adds the "art" to it. You took the disparate items and made them a whole with the red. I really like the look of this. Way to go!

Roberta said...

What a great journal page! I am loving Diana's book too...I love how she says to just do it, grab papers, pens, paint and GO. And that is exactly what you did...now you have a great memory of the day...no matter how hectic it was ;-) I did a journal page once, of all the reciepts that were in my purse at the time...and there were plenty :-)

Thanks for sharing this!

DALowe Artist said...

Thank you all so much for your comments - they are so very encouraging!! I was inspired to do another 2-page spread today! Again, thanks so much!

Ramona Davidson said...

What a creative way to preserve your memories.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...