Pages

Monday, September 07, 2009

Yesterday's Trek to the Labor Day Flea Market

The Labor Day Flea Market - I think I'm getting older or something, but the crowd, the dust, the walking, the crowd... oh, did I mention the crowd... I just wasn't as into it as I thought I'd be. My excitement began to wane when I got within sight and realized that I was stalled in a line of traffic a mile long. I did keep moving, inching my way along, and 25 minutes later I paid $5.00 to park and I was on my way!

Four hours later I arrived home with two handbags for my daughter and a DVD of the first season of "Golden Girls". My feet were so dirty (I wore my Crocs) that I had to jump in the shower and scrub. I did manage to get these great photos of things that inspired me. My plan is to use them as reference for my art.

"Are you still going back tomorrow?" my husband asked.

No. I DID NOT go back today. No way. I have decided that the flea market is maybe not my "cup of tea" any longer... I'd rather order off the internet and save my poor feet...

Do you think it's because I'll be 40 in less than 2 months; and maybe I've learned that $34.00 for an antique pitcher is just a bit much... I've decided it's less expensive and less cluttering to just take photos :-)



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Katy said...

I don't junk or antique like I used to when I was first setting up house. Now I have too much stuff!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...