Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Making Slow Progress



Still working on the zinnia, sporadically, in short little bursts. That is an upside to colored pencils, you can take as much time as you want on a piece. The downside is that I tend to lose enthusiasm and interest in a piece.

For the past week, I've been reading voraciously - I finished a Christian fiction novel BETRAYAL by Randall Arthur and now at the recommendation of my boss have started Thomas Wolfe's Look Homeward Angel - 662 pages!

I also purchased a book last week on hand lettering http://www.amazon.com/Hand-Lettering-Simple-Creative-Scrapbooks/dp/1600594727/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1253478314&sr=8-1

While waiting in the doctor's office after my purchase, I practiced brush letting in my moleskine



This week I hope to finish the zinnia and do more with the lettering. Have a great week everybody! Right now I'm off to a friend's house to make lasagna - for the first time!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Karen said...

Deborah
Nice work on the zinnia. How is the book on lettering? Do you recommend it? I have been thinking about looking for a book on lettering and this might just be what I'm looking for.

Kelly said...

Beautiful flowers. You are really talented. I LOVE books on lettering! I love practicing different lettering too. Keep up the great work.

Alex said...

It's looking good! It could be slow and taking some time, but all masterpieces take time! :) Good luck, and can't wait to see when this is done! It's going to burst out of the screen I am sure ^^

Anonymous said...

The zinnia is going to be beautiful! I am another person who is wanting to improve her hand writing and lettering. My writing is so bad that I rarely let anyone see it...

Ann said...

That zinnia is coming along beautifully!

Katy said...

I love lettering! Yours looks good!

The new novel in the Outlander series comes out tomorrow (my first ever pre-order), so I will be reading voraciously this week too!

Anonymous said...

Don't you love the shapes you are exploring - and your color mixes? Terrific

Timaree said...

The zinnia is looking great and so is your lettering. I know what you mean about the enthusiasm. Try doing something fast while you do a slow project like your lettering for instance. When you see something getting done it helps you feel good when one project keeps on going, going, going.

The Journey said...

great blog. I would like to work more on my art, seems I have trouble getting everything else done.

Lynda in IN
http://www.handmedownrose.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...