Pages

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry, Merry Christmas!



Merry Christmas!! A beautiful warm day - blue skies - lots of sunshine - high temps in the 60's! A welcome change from the cold and rain of the past few days. I sketched from my living room looking out at my bird feeder.



This is the beautiful ring my husband and daughter got me for Christmas. Very artsy and totally me! So happy!



This is my little corner of the world - the windows look out at my bird feeder and all my "stuff" is spread out where I can play and read, journal, sketch, make dolls, etc. My coffee - now cold, a box of tissues, my sketchbook, a basket of books and other things, my palette, lots of books, my writing journal, my Bible, a devotion book, etc... all atop an old trunk that I restored with decoupage, inside and out. I sit on the loveseat and this serves as my coffee table.

I used my Niji waterbrush and Yarka palette (my favorite) for these sketches, but got very frustrated because the water wouldn't squeeze out easily. It's like it was clogged. Has anybody had this problem before?

A lazy, fun, relaxing, and joy-filled day! I began it at 4:30 a.m. when I got up before anybody else to spend time with God and celebrate and worship Jesus, the true reason we celebrate. I wanted a quiet time before the excitement and noise began. That time of prayer and Bible reading set the tone for the entire day and I am very thankful for that experience. It was well worth getting up early for.

Merry, Merry Christmas everyone.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Donn said...

Nice sketches. And a nice little space for your art.
Never had my waterbrushes clog. You may need to take it apart and soak it a bit. Bring this up on EDM and see if anyone else has had problems. I know Kate Johnson uses hers all the time so she may be able to offer some suggestions.

Anonymous said...

I use my Niji waterbrushes so much that they frequently clog. I use a very long thin needle or pin to unclog them. Take off the water reservoir and look down into the barrel of the brush half. There is a small hole about 1/4-1/2 inch inside. Carefull thread the needle down the hole and you can unclog it. Since I sew and quilt, I have some very long and thin needles - it is worth buying ones just for this purpose. Soaking doesn't help nearly as well with my paints.

Kate (Cathy Johnson) said...

What a lovely way to start the day!

Katy said...

Great post, Deborah! And I love your pages!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh these are great! I've tried to sketch birds, I need to get faster. :) Marva

Odd Chick said...

you did a really good job on the hand holding your ring and i love your sketches. i also love reading and studying the Bible - just letting God speak to me like He's written me a letter - it always makes my day better

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...