Pages

Monday, June 12, 2006

Second Post Today!















We all went down to the creek this afternoon. Mama, my two older sisters who came to visit, my neice and daughter. Boy what a sight we must have been! Drinks, a quilt, an umbrella for shade, and a basket of sketch supplies. I wish we'd had a video camera; we would have won some money! I did these two sketches in pencil (5B Stabilo), my Niji waterbrush and Yarka Professional watercolors. So easy to pack up and carry. I love the waterbrushes. I hope to pick up a couple more at the trade show this weekend!
On the way back from the creek (we were walking my family up and then Grace and I were going back down to stay until dark), my sister almost stepped on a SNAKE! Well I might like to paint, but a naturalist I am not. I love all nature EXCEPT things that crawl and slither, bite, and sting. It scared the living daylights out of me! It slithered across the cow pasture toward the creek - and my sketch basket and quilt I had left on the creek bank!! I decided once I had climbed the hill to safety that I was not going back even if it ate my art supplies! My sweet neighbor, who also happens to be my landlord, went down in his truck and brought all my supplies back up to me - my knight in shining armor! I don't know when I'll go back to that creek, but I think you'll start to see a lot more paintings of the mountain view from my front porch!!!! My zinnias will be up and blooming soon, so that will be a safe subject as well.

2 comments:

marcos said...

Hello Deborah - Just loved your sketches. I found your blog by clicking 'next blog' and I shall return to see the news...

Sue Seibert said...

Lovely watercolors! And amen to the snake!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...