Pages

Monday, June 12, 2006




I displayed my art and demonstrated at the Leaf and String Festival in Galax this past weekend. I did this at the show; it was the view out the window - of a window - across the street. I sketched it in pencil in my sketchbook and then painted it in watercolor.

I did well at the show. I sold 5 pieces, which is not great, but it's better than some of my fellow artists - one of which had sold ZERO. I felt bad for her, but I must admit to being thrilled with the interest shone in my work and in the extra money.

I plan to go to Cheap Joe's Art Supply Trade Show in Boone, NC this weekend, June 17. That is one of the highlights of my summer ! I love the town - only about an hour from me - and seeing all the demonstrations there, and of course all the ART SUPPLIES!


I did the next two sketches in the park. Grace, my daughter, and I went last Saturday. Canadian Geese! There were even three little babies. The park has a creek and it is absolutely beautiful there. The geese were an added surprise.

I got up pretty close and was able to do a fairly detailed sketch below.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sold FIVE pieces!! Congratulations! I'd be walking on air if I were you ;D.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...