Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Roses in Cobalt Blue Bottle


Study 1-4 in that order
A lady at work shared her roses with me (her son works at a florist). I painted these in my Aquabee 6x9 sketchbook. (I love that thing!) I used Yarka Professional Watercolors. Okay, I did these at work - I know it's a terrible confession - but it was a slow day and these roses were calling to me. You see, I have a teacup on my desk that looks like - just that - a teacup, but I put water in it and use it to paint - I sort of hide behind the door to my boss' office and set everything up on my desk beside the computer. An artist has to do what an artist has to do!

As you can see it was the cobalt blue bottle that really called to me to paint it. I kept cutting the roses off - I love cobalt blue bottles and don't care that much for roses. But after a critique from a coworker and friend, I did the last study and cut the bottle off instead of the flowers. I also loosened up quite a bit and didn't draw beforehand - just painted directly.

4 comments:

Shelly McC said...

These are fantastic! Excellent work!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful roses! And I'm totally in awe of your blue glas...absolutely wonderful! More please!

Linda T said...

I love the blue bottle. That is so funny about how you have your water in your cup and paint at your desk.

Nel Jansen said...

Oh, Deborah, that color is wow! Love these, all of them, just beautiful, and aren't you brave to admit to arting at work. Bless your heart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...