Pages

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Down at the Creek 5/30/06


This sketch was done at a creek down behind my little house. My daughter Grace and my niece Miranda and I went down there to play last night about 7:30 and stayed until almost dark. Wonderful time! I loved the smell of honeysuckles and the sound of the water and the feel of it on my feet. I did this sketch on location with a Faber Castell Pitt Pen and a black Caran D'ache Neocolor II crayon. I added watercolor from my palette when we got back up to the house. Miranda got cold and turned blue, so I figured it was time to head home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful painting! It looks so peaceful and serene... The colours you used are very springlike and I can imagine it was lovely and cool down by the water.

Lin said...

LOVELY LOVELY painting!!!!

Anonymous said...

Deborah, this reminds me of classic 1950 illustrations, which are among my favorites! Your delicate ink lines and soft washes work so well together. I'd love to see you do more in this medium.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...