Pages

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Journal Pages


I was inspired by the journal pages and collages on the internet and in books I have, so I tried it myself in my sketchbook. I actually was looking through the hymnal and playing the piano. The song "Have Faith in God" really struck me and so I thought of doing a page with it. Then I just kept adding things that went with the colors. I like the way it turned out. I used Liquitex acrylic - I think it's Acra Red and the flower in the bottom pic is from an old notebook cover. The flowers at the top are a failed 4 x 6 watercolor I did - actually it was more "unfinished" than failed. I would love to have your comments on my first ever collage page!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deborah;
I just browsed through your Blog and love all those bright colours you use! Your flowers and the sketches in the park are beautiful. You really have a way with ink and water colour. Reading your Blog and seeing all those bright colours made me feel really Happy!

Father O'Blivion said...

I enjoyed your drawings and paintings.

Lovely colours indeed ! :)

First Post and Kitchen Table are my favourites. I like the solid geometry of the shapes and your use of colour in them.

Best wishes and keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you've started some visual journal pages. You will look back at these and remember how you felt when you were playing that hymn. And they are fun to do and interesting to look at, so it's all good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...