Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Handmade Book





Yesterday it felt so good to create without the pressure - just for me. I found some cheesecloth at a hardware store the day before Christmas Eve (Christmas Eve Eve ?) and it inspired me to make a cover for this book I made filled with cardstock paper.

For the front cover I stitched two pieces of cloth together - one of which is a piece of muslin I had painted and the other commercial fabric picked up at a yard sale. The inside cover (above right) is watercolor paint over cheesecloth, which left a beautiful texture. I still have tidbits I want to add - maybe some text... And I look forward to filling the pages.

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great Deborah! Very inspirational! Now I want to go paint!! :-) I like the effects of the cheesecloth. That looks really neat. And the fabric cover is great!

Unknown said...

A beautiful book! Great job! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas too!

scrap said...

Wow what a great idea. Makes me wanna get back into making books again. Thanks for the inspiration.

Johanna said...

Well done, I long to make a book of my own, I just never seem to get round to it... Hope the new year gives me the opportunity. Your book is very inspiring.

Patty Ruthe said...

Merry Christmas! Your book is very colorful and creative! Love how you used the fabric.

Gina said...

I absolutely adore your cheesecloth page. This was so creative! Very Inspiring!

Timaree said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you fill it with! It already looks very nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...