Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Journal Play in Canson Mixed Media Journal

Sometimes you've just got to play, throw caution to the wind and play!




New Canson XL Mixed Media Sketchbook - designated art/play journal.

I've decided to play in every page of this journal - layering, smushing paint around, collaging, writing, drawing, whatever strikes me at the moment. I love the look of drawing with the ink dropper. I must admit to, at one point, having just the look I wanted; and then squeezing the dropper and splotching huge ink blots all over my page --

but all was not lost! That is the joy of layering and collaging and mixed media - I just gessoed, glued ephemera, painted and drew over all the terrible blotches. It was therapeutic in the sense that I felt as if I couldn't make a mistake too big to fix. If only life were like that :-)


I'm so inspired lately by all my blooms - zinnias, coneflowers, black-eyed susans. I love summer if for no other reason.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...