Pages

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

I'm Back!



Me; not blog?  No, I can't stand it. I miss you all too much.  Besides my creativity is in overdrive lately. No matter what I'm doing, my mind is on what I WANT to be doing - creating.  It's an obsession! I'm driven to distraction! Does anyone else have this "problem"?  Color! Design! Pattern! Texture!  - pure bliss... And I can't get enough - sewing, making art quilts, free style embroidery, sketching, watercolor, lettering - doesn't matter, I just want to be doing it!  Constantly.  Oh if only I didn't need so much sleep!  Oh if only I didn't have to work all day at my "real" job! 

So, yes, I'm back and thanks for your patience while I took a little break. I learned that while life gets really crazy and hectic sometimes - it's art, blogging, and connecting with all of you that keeps me sane, whatever's going on in my life.  It's part of treating myself well.  And as the quote above states, "Your real influence is measured by your treatment of yourself." 

Treat yourself well friends, and go make some art - splash some color on a page - draw some doodles - because as Picasso said, "Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

I'm so glad you're back. Love the two page spread.

xoxo

bettyfromtexas said...

I love your pages, AND I celebrate your enthusiasm!!

bettyfromtexas said...

I love your pages, and I celebrate your enthusiasm!!!!!!

Jennifer Edwards said...

So glad to "see" that you're back! Love the colorful page! And wow, what fun goodies you've been dabbling in! Do show, do show!

Kathy Vestal said...

Beautiful and happy color, and I love the snaky things! Glad to see you back here!

nanke's stuff said...

You've been missed and it's nice to see you and your work again! This is such a happy spread! nancy

Ann said...

Yay! So happy to see you back in blogland and with more wonderful art! Yay!

Boud said...

Such energy! this is so good to read. And see!

Carin Winkelman said...

Wonderful colorful pages. The blogosphere, aah, sometimes it's hard to live with it, but it's impossible to live without it! ;-)

DALowe Artist said...

Thank you all for your comments. Ohhh its good to see your names pop on my screen!

Melliott said...

Excellent quote, beautiful treatment.

Unknown said...

It's about time you came to your senses, welcome back.

Kimberly said...

I love stopping in here. I always find beauty and always leave with a smile. :) Love the quote from Picasso!

kazumiwannabe said...

Your page is fabulous, it's so full of happy and energy and enthousiasm! Love the words on it, too, so true!
Very inspirational post!

Timaree said...

I've been gone from a lot of blogging too. There are only so many hours in a day but I got to missing the blogs and preferring them to dumb and dumber computer games (which get very addictive). Glad to see you are back to blogging. This is a great page! Stay busy - with art!

Cathy Holtom said...

Glad to see you back and with a great colourful piece of work too!

Alex said...

looks awesome! love the colors

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...