Pages

Saturday, December 03, 2011

Something Different

101_0391
This is part of the “Creative Chronicles”.  Creativity has just taken over and the ideas are flowing faster than I can make art.  Love it when that happens, but I would love it more if I could get it all out of my system and spend at least 12 hours a day creating art.  This is a gift to my friend’s son, who is like a nephew to me.  He is an aspiring artist – so talented.  I want him to encourage him to continue creating.  He likes graffiti type art and I thought this just looked like him.  I bought him the book “Journal Junkies” as part of this gift. 
Creating this piece was so much fun and totally intuitive!  I started with a black canvas (had been painted previously with black acrylic paint).  Then I began to add the stamped circles from stamps I’d made from various things around the house, then I began to cut fabric shapes and scraps of painted paper and just kept adding and collage and stamping until I had the composition I wanted.  I titled it “Controlled Chaos”.  Merry Christmas, Houston!

1 comment:

Tracy Krauss said...

Fantastic! I love it when creativity takes over!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...