Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

What Today Has Taught Me

101_0508

Okay, maybe it wasn’t today that taught me this, but today I was struck by the fact that our family - our sisters, brothers, mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, aunts, uncles, cousins – blood relatives - are the most important things we have in life.  The love of family… it outlasts separation and divorce, bad choices, illness, destructive words and arguments, and even death.  The lineage passed down from one generation to the next, those connections that tie us together – strong family bonds – that’s what matters.  Love, so strong and so pure, because the Source is Emmanuel, God with us.  God, who is Love, is the source of light, and love, and life in us.  And we’re family, and we’re strong, and our love for each other will be there when there is nothing else. 

Tonight I am so thankful for my Christian family heritage.  For my grandparents, my parents, my brother, my sisters, my daughter, my aunts, uncles, cousins, my nieces, nephew, and on and on it goes.  God instituted the family as our source of support and love, and when God is the basis of a family – when His love flows through the generations, then these are the ties that bind.

101_0516

Today my brother gave my mother a window frame from her home church that’s over 100 years old.  This church and the fundamental values and beliefs, the love, the heritage has stood the test of time.  My grandmother’s faithfulness to it and then my mother’s provided a firm foundation for all our (my siblings’) lives.  And no matter what comes – the foundation stands sure and strong.

101_0514

To my family – I love you all and you are the true treasures of my life.  Thank you for loving me – always.

3 comments:

teri said...

Deborah, you have the most wonderful gift of all--a beautiful family surrounding you. Loved reading your post.

Trece said...

You are so right about a Christian heritage. Our daughter married an unsaved man. He came from a really sad/bad background. We have been trying to show him/prove to him what a loving family is/does. After 18 months of prayer, he gave his life to Jesus! Now my daughter appreciates the fact that they will be together for all eternity, as well as here on earth.

Merry Christmas!

Carla said...

Thank you. This means so much to see your comments today about our family. We may all be very different, but yet we are all family. We can choose our friends; and everything else in our lives, but we cannot choose our family. It is truly God's will for us to "treasure" one another, to pray for each other, to support and care for each other. Thank you for this blog, I will treasure it forever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Cara (sister and friend)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...