Pages

Monday, September 06, 2010

Practically Perfect Labor Day Weekend

Hillsville, VA hosts the southeast's largest flea market each Labor Day Weekend. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it, having not been in a few years. The weather was perfect - clear blue skies, no humidity, highs in the 70's. I went Saturday and Sunday with my daughter, who happens to be my favorite person to hang out with.


Found this happy, very"me" pitcher at the Labor Day flea market and picked these zinnias from my garden to complement it.



One of my goals today was to complete the covers of my handmade journal. I collaged a copy of one of my paintings along with painted fabric and paper from prior play sessions and the definition of the word "live" (zoom in for details).



And I purchased the two stools at the flea market for $5 each, which prompted me to rearrange my corner studio once again. You can see other pictures of its continuing metamorphosis in prior posts.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Joani said...

Ooh! Nice find! And how nice your journal looks! Your space is so mellow and inspiring! Mine gets a little chaotic, I must admit. Joani

Barb Smith said...

I found you through Blissfully Art JOurnaling (I'm new) and enjoyed seeing your beautiful flowers, your beautiful journal and that great art space. Thanks for sharing.
Peace & Love,
~Barb~
http://craft-therapy.blogspot.com/

Cathy Holtom said...

I love your pitcher (jug to us!)it's lovely and definately happy.

Johanna said...

I like your journal very much! And the work space is indeed very inspiring. I don't even have one. I sit at the kitchen table or even in the living room, which is a terrible place to sit.

Elizabeth Golden said...

Love your flea market finds. I love a good flea market. Your studio space is really shaping up. I like how you got two stools so that someone can join you in the fun. Your journal cover is wonderful. Love the bright colors.

Shirley said...

Great studio corner and a really lovely bound book. Did you paint the fold on the folios that are visible below the stitching?

Unknown said...

That pitcher is so perfectly you!! When I first saw it, I thought you had added those flowers! Very nice journal and art space too! Love a good flea market, but love a 70 degree day with low humidity even better!

Ann said...

That pitcher is so you! And I love your journal cover! You have given me ideas!

Gina said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I LOVE the collaged journal cover, it's so colorful and happy :)

nanke's stuff said...

LOL, I thought you had painted the pitcher, too! I really does look just like you did it. Great finds ... I love flea markets, too. nancy

Timaree said...

I thought you had painted the pitcher too like you did the mugs. It is so you! Your corner is looking a bit fuller than when you cleared it out last time. I am finding some things to hand down to my daughter and granddaughters but I am quite sure my space won't be getting less full!

I'm back from another week (unplanned) in CA and it's nice to see the bright stuff on your blog as I go about catching up.

donna said...

This is a terrific post. That pitcher is definitely you--what a find. Nice creative space too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...