Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Making and Filling Journals - Quietly, but Busily

I know it seems I've been very quiet lately, but although I'm not blogging much, I am quietly and busily creating journals - from scratch...This is so much fun that:


I can't seem to stop!...making, creating covers, and filling journals.  Here's the cover to my newest one.

The blue is Folk Art Metallic paint - lucscious! I've collaged watercolor dyed coffee filters, fabric, and painted papers, then unified it with the paint.  Later I  plan to add some text - either quotes, stamps...I'm not sure yet...





Tonight I collaged and painted the back cover.
















I've been doing a lot of writting in the current journal that I'm working on filling.  I write, paint over, write some more, sketch, make notes - everything goes in this journal now.  My made-from-scratch journal. Very fulfilling.
















And here is a page where I just felt like playing around with watercolor and a brush.

The paper is just some old bond paper that I found in the closet, but it holds up very well to all my "abuse".  I am having fun !

10 comments:

A tired retired recluse @ Swallowcliffs.blogspot.com/ said...

Journal making and using become addictive! Your cover is a beautiful blue!

Cynthia said...

Good for you. Creating, playing and enjoying what you're doing. Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

It sure looks like you are having a blast! Gorgeous cover Deborah!

Sparkleblue Faery said...

What a beautiful blue book! I love it! Journal making is addicting and after you start using your own handmade journals, it is hard to go back to using store bought ones.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful time you are having with these!! It looks great, love that cover!

Sarika Alvekar said...

Its beautiful Deborah !!!, It will be so much fun to write into it :)

Joani said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

donna said...

It does look fun! It is always good to enjoy making art

donna said...

It does look fun! It is always good to enjoy making art

Timaree said...

Having fun is the key! Glad you are playing with everything in your journals. Made from scratch ones seem so much better when I work in them than storebought.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...