Pages

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Beach sketches


A week at the beach on Holden Island - the east coast of North Carolina. I was relaxed and inspired and had a wonderful week with my family - but sketching and painting were just not what I was inspired to do. Instead I meandered on the beach, biked down the sidewalk trying to keep up with my daughter, stayed up late reading, slept the morning away, and all those things that make life at the beach so easy and relaxed.

One evening I was getting the itch to sketch and it just couldn't be controlled, so I got out my colored pencils while I was out on the deck with my husband and daughter and did this quick little drawing of a house across the canal in the distance. I was drawn by the contrast of the white house against the deep greens and blues.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...