Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

A look back ...

The sketches below were done in 2002-2003. I love the crispness of the lines and the combination of pen and wash.






The sketch is above is of a barn that has since disappeared due to a highway addition. I was heartbroken when I saw it being torn down. This is one of many sketches I did of it. It was such an appealing addition to the landscape.



Thankfully this barn is still there, but is very dilapidated now - very close to falling down.

Isn't it sad, the slow disappearance of all the lovely barns.



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Ann said...

I love these sketches!!!
Sorry, I don't know about the sketchbook. You know, I was just in Cheap Joe's the other day and they are not doing the trade show this year. I am so bummed! I had my list ready and everything!

deborah said...

http://ascotstudios.com/artsupplies/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=200
I just did a quick search, follow the above link, is this what you are looking for?

Dana S. Whitney said...

No doubt you could write a letter to Windsor Newton and see whether they're still making them. If so, fabulous. If not, I'd google all that info you have from the cover and double check e-Bay, Wet Canvas as well as the "big" art suppliers on line. Good luck.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

I LOVE that second sketch down. So simple. So lovely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...