Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

EDinMay #14 - Health Screening



I created this spread in celebration of the successful health screening I had done at work yesterday. I have worked very hard during the past four-six months to get my weight and cholesterol down, and it has proven successful!! I'm so pleased!
I did find that I had very low blood pressure, but all turned out well when I called the doctor and was instructed to stop taking one of my medications, which was likely the cause of the low blood pressure. Less medicine and everything is great. I had a full panel blood workup done and everything is normal, including my iron. I do have low sodium so I need to drink less. I do tend to "drown my sorrows" in coffee, tea, and lots of water. I think it is more habit than anything else. So today I have tried to drink less. It has actually been very difficult. You know you hear everywhere, in fact we're bombarded with "Drink more water! Get your eight glasses a day!" Well for some people apparently that is not the answer to all problems. So now I have to try and break a supposedly great habit of drinking that water. Makes one think... I seem to be finding rules are made to be broken lately LOL. Hey - you know what else! I have not exercised during this weight and cholesterol reduction. I have cut back on calories and really haven't deprived myself at all. I do walk occasionally, but certainly not what you would consider actively. Another interesting notation...

2 comments:

Ann said...

Yay for you! Great journal page too!

Alex said...

Very cool page! The colors are great and vibrant, and I love those black ink that seemed like protruding out of the page o___O what are those?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...