Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

New Work in Moleskine

Some new work in my moleskine... Obviously I have abandoned the idea of completing the Every Day in May challenge. Life got too hectic at work and at home and so it goes... BUT since there are NO RULES in my sketchbook, then I refuse to feel guilty. I will simply move on and paint and sketch when time allows.






Had to take Daddy to the cardiologist for a checkup last Tuesday and the sketches above were the result of my waiting time, which turned out to be rather limited since we were only there for an hour total. The problem with waiting room sketches is the people don't wait very long. Each time I started a drawing of someone, they got up and left... quite frustrating.



I did this at lunch 5/13 sitting at Taco Bell looking across at this church steeple. I used my new Pelikan gouache later to add color.



I did this from my imagination - it is inspired by my rhododendron and bird feeder outside my living room window. An indigo bunting has been visiting the feeder and it a simply stunning sight nestled in the rhododendron bush! I used a Sakura glaze gel pen for the drawing and then Pelikan gouache for the color. I sort of wanted this stained glass look. I rather like this - it was part of a larger drawing and I had included a table set for coffee or tea in the foreground, but I didn't like how it turned out, so I collaged the window portion of the drawing, which I very much liked, in my moleskine. I haven't decided how to fill the rest of the 2-page spread, but time will tell.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ann said...

These are all really nice sketches! Your people look great, you must draw fast! I like the church steeple too and the bunting. Lovely colors in those.

The printing from the neocolors is cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...