Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Saturday After Thanksgiving




I have had THE BEST day working on these four canvases for a friend. Each canvas is 16 x 20 and I've put them together as 2 diptychs. One will hang over her loveseat and the other over her dining room table - which happen to be on the same large wall. The amazing thing is I am using Anita's All Purpose Acrylic Craft Paint from AC Moore! Now I know a lot of you really hate craft paint, but I just find that it works great for me. It covers well, and it's the perfect consistency without thinning it. I have Liquitex Heavy Body paint and I will probably use that in the last details to give it some body, but these craft paints are wonderful for me. I had a ton of them and they dry out pretty fast, so I decided to use them for these paintings.

What a wonderful Saturday! I have been home alone and while I painted these I listened to jazz to help me loosen up, especially with the flower garden. I wanted it to flow and have lots of movement, almost as if the flowers were dancing in the breeze on a sunny day. I've taken up my entire kitchen for the day and will leave it all out and hopefully finish tonight and tomorrow. Right now, I'm off to my sister's for dinner and to pick up my daughter. I am so thankful for the gift of this day!




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Timaree said...

That sounds like a glorious day! I see your studio area. Did you make the "never stop playing" picture? It and the others on your wall are terrific. I bet your friend is going to love these pictures. I have used craft paints for my folk art painting and if you see the photos of my work area, the painted furniture is all done with Folk Art brand. I don't like it anymore though as it dries up in the bottle; it didn't use to do that. You use what works for you and don't be ashamed of it. You make lovely, happy paintings. Who cares what the base paint is?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...